Blood Sugar also known as diabetes simply put, is the amount of sugar or glucose flowing through a person’s blood stream. The disease can be both hereditary and non-hereditary, meaning if you have had a case of diabetes in your house you have a higher chance of having diabetes yourself or even if you have never had a medical case of diabetes in your family history you can have diabetes. The disease has no cure it can however, be kept in check by regular monitoring and prescription drugs.
Blood sugar is the lowest in the morning before you have your first meal and it rises up as you have your first meal. Diabetes can be of two types Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) and Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
Diabetes Testing at home is done in the following process:
1. You should wash your hands with warm water to get the blood flowing through your veins.
2. Turn on the glucose monitor and place a testing strip into the machine as shown in the owner’s manual.
3. Choose a spot on your finger (don’t choose the same finger every time) and prick your skin using the lancing device.
4. Place the drop of blood welled on your finger to the diabetes test strip, as the blood absorbs into the strip wait for the best to begin.
5. Once you get the results get a pen and paper and record it in your log book to view and analyze later.
Reasons to check your Blood sugar at home
There are some diseases that only require you to consult the physician and take the medicines he prescribes, Blood Sugar is not such a disease, and it requires the active participation of both the doctor and the patient on a regular basis. As soon has diabetes is detected in a patient they are asked to use a Diabetes Monitoring Kit and you need to buy the right machine. Many of us may question why monitor blood sugar regularly? Why not just do it once a week at the local diagnostic clinic? It’s not like it’ll change so much in a week. Well, WRONG Blood Sugar levels change every day, every hour of the day like clockwork, most of the time we can’t keep track of what we put in our bodies or whether we have taken all our medicines. Here are the Top 5 Reasons to check your Blood Sugar at Home:
1. Monitoring your own blood sugar outs you in the driving seat. It gives you the confidence to manage your blood sugar levels.
2. Blood Sugar monitoring at home lets you see if and how your blood sugar control plan is working. Whether you do it by maintaining a proper diet, taking insulin or prescription drugs or a combination of all three.
3. Diabetes Monitoring Kit gives you the freedom to make decisions regarding your health, it prevents you from worrying constantly about your health and it gives you the motivation to keep doing better.
4. Monitoring also tells you if a recent change in your diet or prescription drugs has affected the level of your blood sugar and if it has you can immediately make changes by contacting your physician or individually by yourself.
5. Regular monitoring is also helpful in showing you positive results for anybody exercise you may be doing to keep your blood sugar levels in control.
a) It has NO buttons, for those of us who get confused with buttons and don’t know which ones to press or are in a hurry OneTouch SimpleSelect makes it very easy to measure our blood sugar levels. Simple insert the test strip into the machine with the blood sample and let the machine measure away.
b) It has Color and Sound Alerts, the machine lets you know when your blood sugar level is extremely high or low by displaying readings in various colors and making audio alerts. No need to compare blood sugar levels to a chart anymore.
c) It gives Fast results – The machine works very fast and gives you blood sugar level displays in 5 seconds only.
d) It has Free Lifetime Replacement, it is one of the few machines in the market which offer free lifetime replacement by simply registering your OneTouch Simple Select on site, no matter how old your product may be.